Saturday 22 February 2014

To Escape a Moment



To Escape a Moment

What water drips on my page of questions?
It lies bland and waiting for my hand
To wander through its distant pages
Of lands to be explored

The water drips down my window
Drawing me from my page
What story lies behind each raindrop?
Waiting to be collected

I travel, wander, fight and dance
As ink glides across my page
Where will my journey end today?
As water drips across my ink

My pen placed down I sit and wonder
At the place I have journeyed today
My heart is crying with tears I squander
As my journey ends today

Tomorrow will start another journey
Another empty page
Where will I escape to another day?
Another grey rainy day

By Serina Hartwell
Author of The Hidden Saga
If you like my work, tell a friend. Thank you for your support.



No comments:

Post a Comment