Sunday 3 November 2013

Quiet Interlude















Quiet Interlude

I had a quiet interlude,
Of happiness, contentment,
But like a whisper on the wind,
It took off, it was gone.
I tried to grasp it, hold it tight,
But it was taken from me,
Removed, withdrawn.
Now I sit here, restless, mithered, wilted,
My concentration strained.
I clasp my hands together,
In the quiet desperation,
I gained.
Goodbye peace and quiet,
What do you want?
My sanity bespoke,
Thrust to its limits.
Why do you want me?
Why do you need me?
What quieted solace can I find?
I tend your needs unconditionally,
My soul is stretched,
My patience thin,
Please peace find me once more,
While I rest and regain,
My will to gather,
The energy to start again.


By Serina Hartwell
Author of The Hidden Saga

If you like my work, tell a friend. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment