Sunday 10 November 2013

Sienna



The doorbell rang this morning
A princess she came calling
She swaddled me in love and kindness
Those blue eyes looked to me

She asked me for a favour
A cat she did want near her
We took a journey step by step
To find her stripy prize

She climbed up slowly, step by step
To find her destination
Big boots aloft, she climbed up high
Mount Everest we were bound

She neared the top and called ‘pussy cat’
‘Pussy cat where are you?’
Her prey stayed low and hid there too
She didn’t like her guest

Big eyes befell me, green and black
Blue eyes did follow suit
They looked to me to offer hope
That their true dreams wouldn’t elope
  
I looked upon them quickly now
My glance shot from one to the other
My heart strings pulled from my chest
As sense abandoned me

A brother’s call rang proudly
A brother’s call rang true
The pussy cat hunt stalled fast
And green eyes thanked me too

The shaking did stop quickly
The pursuit abandoned now
Blue eyes took me somewhere new
To chase her a new prize through

Her blonde curls did bound all the way
As the cat got to live another day
Curiosity took her somewhere new
To see some chickens, all bright and new

By Serina Hartwell
Author of Hidden The Hidden Saga

If you like my work, tell a friend. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment