Sunday 8 December 2013

The Promised Land
















The Promised Land

Let your veil of welcoming arms engulf me
Take me to where you journey far
To the place I cannot come from
Let sadness hold me dear
For I carry the notion close to me
That my hopelessness has found
An outlet who will accept me
That journey I am bound

For my restless heart surrenders
Their words are lost on me
I’m sorry tearful visitors
A task I could not complete
Life’s great journey held me dear
To suffer untold pain
I surrender to the burden
Of expectations bound to grace

Life take me on my journey
Take me to a world that I have found
To where they cannot touch me
Nor follow in my wake
I tried to do my quota
To keep the balance right
But insincere were my masters
To promise me the hopeful land

I take these notions harshly
I bury my fears within
They shall not know how I suffer
Nor lend me a helping hand
I cannot offer plenty
I cannot offer more
They have but drained me plenty
Please darkness open my door

My thoughts are exhausted deeply
My muscles creak and groan
I have but nothing left to give
May my suffering end today
May the wheel of fortune turn once more
And offer a moment in the light
May opportunity sing its faithful tune
And take me to the promised land


By Serina Hartwell
Author of The Hidden Saga

If you like my work, tell a friend. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment