Monday 2 December 2013












Listen To Me

They don’t know what they ask of me
They think they know they’re right
They change my world so freely
And offer me no insight

Into the plans they are pursuing
A bitter taste of night
That ego powers within them
To barge their plans through right

I stand there, before them pleading
A little voice in me
I ask them for their thoughtfulness
To be considerate of me

But plans are made around me
They offer me no insight
They change my world without a care
And offer me no respite 

I cling to false hope dearly
As tight as tight could be
I pray they will see reason
And stop their journey right

They do not listen, they do not fight
They push their money home
I’m left to pick up the pieces
And tell them I was right
The black tower crumbles all around
They’re sorry they made a mistake
But reason abandons, ego pushes pride
And no acknowledgement draws light

I am too tired to deal with rubble
My weariness abound
I start to re-build around me
The structure of home is found


By Serina Hartwell
Author of The Hidden Saga

If you like my work, tell a friend. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment